The sweet juices of the tomatoes and the stuffing make this a really tasty dish with rice. The stuffed tomatoes recipe is very popular in Vietnamese cuisine
- 250 g pork
- 10 g wood ear, sliced and chopped
- 4-5 large tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Green onions, chopped
Step 1: Preparing ingredients
- Reconstitute wood ear in warm water for 5-10 minutes before handling.
- Then, mix pork, peppers, salt, sugar, chopped onion, wood ear in a bowl
- Split tomatoes through the center and scoop out all center into a bowl.
Step 2: Stuffing tomatoes
- Pack pork mixture tightly into the tomato halves, pushing down to make sure it will stay inside the tomatoes when you work with them.
- Heat up a pan with some oil on medium heat. Place tomato halves stuffing side down and let them sweat.
Step 3: Making sauce
- Use the tomatoes center in step 1 to make the sauce
- Heat up a pan with little bit cooking oil, add chopped onions; tomatoes center, fish sauce, pepper, sugar, green chopped onion; then cook until becoming a liquid
Step 4: Finishing
To serve, reheat the tomato sauce and pour into the baking dish with the stuffed tomatoes. Alternatively, pour the sauce into individual serving dishes and top each with a stuffed tomato.
Hope you have a good dish for your family meal. It will be the very good dish in summer.